Creamy Matcha Oats
First, the flavor here is pretty spectacular. I am a matcha latte kinda girl, but I truly believe that you do not have to be a matcha fanatic to love a subtly matcha flavored bowl of oats. In this, it tastes almost floral-like and seems to add a light, creamy flavor to the already sweet and creamy bowl.
Second, one word: MALK. I discovered this brand a year ago and have since, fallen so in love. Malk sells their products in Whole Foods and I truly cannot stop talking about how great their nut milks are. I use their milks in my oats, smoothies, baking, and even savory cooking (because they have a super versatile “Unsweetened Almond Malk”). And probably the biggest win in all of the great things that I put Malk in is my coffee! It is so hard to find a great plant-based milk to use as coffee creamer and this really does it for me. My go-to for creamer is the Cashew Malk, because it is so creamy and rich, but if I am feeling extra decadent, I go for their Vanilla Almond Malk.
Anyways, I love Malk and am so excited to be participating/ supporting their #GUMFREECHALLENGE. Have you ever had a sip or, or a slurp of, or bite of something with nut-milk that left a weird film on the roof of your mouth? Yah me too. Its gross and (going back to eating oats soaked in nut-milk every morning), I am always extra appreciative of nut-milks that do not contain gum, carrageenan, or artificial binders. Malk is just that. It contains six ingredients or less per product and tastes incredible!
Give this recipe a try! I loved it and am sure you all will too!
- ½ cup oats (gf for those gf eaters)
- 1 cup unsweetened Malk Cashew Milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. hemp hearts
- 1 tsp culinary matcha collagen powder (or just use culinary matcha)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- cacao nibs
- sliced banana
- Mix and mash all ingredients in a quart-sized mason jar (a fork works well to mash the banana). Refrigerate overnight (or at least 3 hours). Enjoy warm (microwaved for 1-2 minutes) or cold. Serve with topping if desired.
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, stir together all ingredients. Bring to a low boil and then reduce the heat to medium to simmer. Cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent clumping, until thickened. Stir in extra milk or water if needed. Serve with topping if desired.